Tuesday 24 November 2015

Fans

When asked: In what ways are you a fan? I immediately think of wearing team memorabilia such as my teams' jersey or a hat with their logo on it. However, I also believe that being a fan goes beyond wearing physical identifiers, and that being fan also means that you are loyal to the individual(s) and you consume what the individual(s) produce(s). For instance, I am a Sam Hunt fan and I have been to one of his concerts, have a Sam Hunt t-shirt and CD, and I express interest in his music when he is discussed by others even if they do not like him. Although I would consider myself a Sam Hun fan, I do not consider myself to be a super fan. A super fan in my opinion would be someone who is obsessed with a team or band for example, who can also goes beyond consuming products and instead becoming a producer through the creation of mash-ups or creating a highlight reel. Overall, fans come in a wide range whether they are a social fan, an average fan, or a super fan; they are all worth studying and looking into further as their level of fandom may identify that each group has a different needs from one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment